Friday, January 7, 2011

December 3, 2010

Hey! So it sounds like everything is going good at home. I'm glad the Jazz have been doing good, its about time! I wish i could go to a game haha but oh well, i will in 2 years. I expected the Cleveland fans to hate lebron... So this week was really good. I taught the first lesson at the TRC in all portuguese!!! it was awesome. I'm speaking portuguese well, but i have a longgggg ways to go. This week I got to go out of the MTC becuase one of the elders in my district was sick. He had to go to the clinic so I joined up with him and his companion into a trio. It was so sweet getting out of the mtc. It seems like a prison sometimes hahaha. Everyone loves the missionaries. When we were waiting in the clinic lobby people would just come up to us and thank us for our service. There was a lady from brazil waiting to be helped, and I talked to her in portuguese for a little bit. It was sweet! That's cool about Cullen. WIll nick babtise him?? That's awesome. How is gary doing? is he healed all the way?? So in our building there are a bunch of polenesians on the floor right about us, and they are the noisiest people ever!! they stay up untill like midnight every night and bang on everything like they were drums. It sucks when your trying to sleep haha. Also, some new elders moved in our floor the other night, and there were a few from brazil, one being from Curitiba. He said that it will be the best mission in Brazil, and that my mission president is a really really nice guy. I'm excited. So there hasnt been any VISA's coming in from Brazil missions lately. So there has been a lot of reassignments for the elders here waiting for brazil visa's. Some of the places they're going is to places like arizona, colorado, cali, boston, washington dc, philly, idaho, and st. george. I am almost positive i'll get reassigned. There has just been like no visas coming in. I should be getting my reassignment in like 3 weeks. Oh well, i'm not dissapointed. I'll get to brazil eventually. I think it will be cool serving stateside for a while, cuz then i can experience another place! Maybe i'll go to somewhere sweet like DC, or Boston. Also, a few have been reassigned to Alabama & Connetticut. I think they just reassign you wherever missionaries that have been called there are leaving the MTC. They just stick you on the flight with them haha. Well its December already. ITs so crazy that i've been here for that long. It seems like i've been here forever, but at the same time im suprised how fast weeks goes by. They put up christmas lights here, and they are actually really cool. The weather here has been so so cold, but the past 2 days hasnt been bad. Well i'm runningh out of time! I hate how short they give you to email home. Keep up the good work dad, i miss you a bunch! Keep me up on the jazz!
Love, Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment