Friday, January 7, 2011

December 17, 2010

Hey dad, things here are going pretty good! I've been sick with a cold this past week, but i'm feeling a lot better today. Its funny cuz in the last email mom asked if i've been sick yet, and i said no that i've been lucky, but then i got a cold like the next day! It sounds like things are going good back home. The jazz seem to be doing good, and dwill is dominating like always. I'm suprised spurs are #1 tho... What are the Heat ranked? I'm glad gary is back to normal. I'm glad you're such a hard worker. You are a good example to me for hard work. You're a great provider. B-ball here is going good. I look forward to gym every day, i love it! I've put on maybe 4 pounds here, its not much. I'm sure i'll loose it all in the heat of brazil when i'm walking everywhere, everyday... that is... if i even get to brazil!!! I get my reassignment this wednesday, and i'm super excited. I just wanna get to work and get out of the MTC. I'm getting sick of this place haha. I will call probably wednesday, unless it comes tuesday, but probably wednesday. It will only be 5 min long. I'll try to call around the time you get off work. I'll get to call a lot more at the airport tho. So this last sunday i gave a sacrament meeting talk in front of my whole zone in portuguese!! I did pretty good! Everybody says i'm speaking the language well, and my accent is good. I have a long ways to go though, brazilians talk way fast. For the devotional on tuesday, the BYU mens choir came to sing and I saw jace milne! I didnt get to talk to him tho. I was also excited to get the xmas package, so thank you guys for that. So you guys said that you might not pick me up from brazil cuz of the visa problems, but i think you only need a visa to live there for a long time. Since you guys would be visiting, i think your passports will do, but im not sure. Ask the Hales. Grandma harper also sent me a package full of candy, it was super nice. Oh yeah the Hales sent a package too, they are so  nice. I got to host this week, it was fun. I remember how nervous i was when i first came, so i tried to comfort the noobs haha. Well, time is running out, i love you and i'll hopefully talk to you this wednesday. Keep up the good work.
 
Love, Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment