Wednesday, September 14, 2011

July 20, 2011

Hey PAI!!! So this week was so so. I was super sick with the flu and a high fever so I just stayed in bed sunday night and all of monday, because I was shivering to death, throwing up, and my body was aching like crazy! But im feeling a lot better now, so its all good. This past week I was at the Bakery and heard a voice behind me say, Are you from utah??? And it was in english too! So I looked behind me and there was a man sitting down, so I asked him how he knew where I was from and how he knew english, and he said he lived in the united states for 7 years and knew church members, and just assumed I was from Utah. He is an english teacher here for the school. So I got his address and we went to his house to teach him, but it didnt go too great because he wasnt interested and he was super weird, so it didnt end up with baptism, but it was cool to do a contact in english! We found an investigator named Jurema this week, and she is super elect! We taught her the first lesson and she told us that a few nights before she had a dream about a man dressed in white telling her to be baptised, and a few days later we found her, so she is super excited about the church and being baptised! She walked to church all be herself and loved it! The only problem is that she is living with someone. UHG!!! Its always complicated! Haha, but we will help her out until she is baptised!! Woo!  Transfers was today and Elder Dos Santos was transfered, which means im staying here in São Marcos. My new companion is 18 years old and only has 3 months in the mission. His name is Elder Deveid and hes from São Paulo. I am now Senior companion and taking over the area. He is super good, and it will be good serving with him. I already know him because he has already been serving in our zone. But yeah, that has been the highlights and lowlights of the week. I hope you are catching tons of fish at the gorge!! I love ya!!!!

Elder Harper

No comments:

Post a Comment