Wednesday, September 14, 2011

August 3, 2011

Hellooo,,

Dad, So first of all please send my love and thoughts to grandma and the family. It was sad because I know that I will miss him, but I am happy he is freed from the pain. Mission Pres called me and told me, and I knew when I saw that it was him calling that Grandpa had passed. I will miss him a lot. An overwhelming and unexplainable sense of peace and comfort came to me when I found out so I know that I am being watched over. He was a great man. He will be missed.

This week has been good. I heard that it has been super hot in the USA, like 120 degrees in the east coast. Is that true? Something funny that happend this week is that we saw a huge brown spider on our wall in the house, which is super deadly, so we grabbed a can of axe and lit some paper on fire and made our own homemade flamethrower and owned it hahahaha. Good times. Also this week we had zone conference and the area 70 came and gave us some trainings. It was good and I learned a lot. It has been raining a ton lately. For two days it rained hard and didnt stopped for even a second. The first day I didnt have an umbrella so I just got soaked. I am gaining many wife points. Wife points are something you gain when bad things happen to you. THe more wife points you get, the better looking your wife will be hahaha. When you walk in the rain without an umbrella, that is a way you can gain wife points. It has been super cold and windy the past few days, so the hot hands that mom sent have been put to use. It was 50 degrees in our house this morning. The portuguese is going really good and I am speaking naturally and fast. I hardly have to think about it now. Last night I was taking a shower and the shower head exploded and caught on fire. It made me jump so bad haha. Here in brazil the shower is heated by the shower head that is filled with heating coils. Ha I knew that it was shady when I got here! It just exploded and caught on fire!!! Im lucky I didnt get shocked haha. Maybe one day they will use gas heaters... But yup, that was my week, I hope you have a great week as well!

Love, Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment