Wednesday, September 14, 2011

August 10, 2011

Boa tarde pai!  (good afternoon dad)
So another week here in Brazil has gone by quickly.  It truly does seem like the days feel like weeks and the weeks feel like days.  Today for pday we cleaned our apartment super good  I wrote a couple of letters, and then I took a really good nap.  They are really hard to come by these days.  It seems like Grandpa's funeral was really good.  I would have liked to be there, but I am needed in the world elsewhere at this specific time in life. I am glad I will be getting a tie with such a strong meaning.  i will never trade it!!!!  So this week has been spent doing a lot of finding and teaching.  Now that I am senior comp and taking over,  we teach more lessons. Elder dos santos was good, but he didn't have that excitement of just go9ing out there and going for it, but now that I have the say in what we do and where we go, we are doing really well number wise and our investigators are progressing well.  So this wekk on e of our investigators Rosi told us that she got an answer to her prayer and now she knows that everything we have taught her is true.  She heard a voice that told her that she has to be baptised.  Her baptism is suppose to happen this Saturday, but some complications with her have arrived so Elder Deivid and I will work hard to 'tirar duvidas' or in other words, take her concerns away.  The weather has been hot and cold all in the same day. The weather here really is strange.  I have never seen anything like it. It can be freezing and rainy in the morning, but by the time it hits mid day you are already sweating!!!!  Welcome to Brazil haha.  The worst of the winter has passed, and it wasn't too bad at all. Everyone talked it up like it was this horrible thing, but it wasn't bad.  Just only a few days were bad,but for the most part it has been pretty calm.  The thing that makes the cold really cold here is the humidity and the wind.  The wind sucks here!  There is so much!  But anyways, this week we have been progressing Bianca and Cassiana, a mother and daughter.  They went to church on sunday and really liked it. We found them by tracting aka we clapped at her door haha.  But they are awesome, and they are accpting all of our committments.  They are now living the word of wisdom and we marked baptismal dates.  The only complication is that Cassiana isn't married so that will be complicated working that out, because her husband is a bit difficult., But we'll see.  So the situation on the houseis that the contact is all done and has been went to the mission office to be signed by Pres. Cordon, so I'm thinking that soon we will move, but hey....I have been saying that for a longggggg time hahaha.  I am thinking thaqt I will be transfered just as we get moved in...dang...haha.  But yep, that has been our week.  A mission is such an emotional rus. Some days I just crawl into my bed and just want to cry because its so hard, but I knew it woold never b3e easy, and I know it is worth every single pain and sadness that I experience.  I am growing a lot, and I woulod say I am now fluent in Portuguese. But yup, this is the life of a missionary!  Thank you dad for being such a great dad.  This sunday is fathers day here in brazil, so I will say to you Feliz dia dos pais!!!! You are th eman.  Keep up the hard work and thank you for everything.  I love you!
Love, Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment