Wednesday, May 11, 2011

April 30, 2011

Dad, Haha wow i dont even know what you were trying to say with that portuguese sentance. Maybe you meant to say como foi sua semana filho? Or maybe a simple tudo bem? hahah just keep practicing. But hey! Im doing good down here, just another crazy week in brazil. Nick is finally engaged, thats sweet! I knew it would happen this week. Thats cool that your upping your resume. That thing is lookin good! ahha. Did jazz even make the playoffs? But yeah, this week was good. I did my first babtism in portuguese! We had two baptisms actually, it was great. I also gave my first blessing in portuguese. Tough! Haha man seriously speaking another language is tough, but i learn more every day, and everyone tells me i am speaking way good. Its really tough though. Im so used to saying whatever i want to say, and teaching how i want, but i have to adjust my teaching and speaking to what i know how to say haha. Páscoa (easter) was really good. We went to a members house and had a chorrosco (brazilian bbq) and it was so good! The members house is right next to this mini rainforest thing and we walked through it and it was way cool. It had vines you can swing on and paths, it was awesome. We also took a toar of where he works, which is at a dog trainer place with over 400 dogs. Ha my companion and i put on one of those dog biting sleeves and he sicked a german shepherd on us. It was so intense seeing a german sheperd running as fast as it can to you growling and barking, then latching onto your arm yanking you around. It was fun! hahaha. I took a video of it it was funny. So yeah, i hope you have mothers day off cuz i get to skype! woo! I will get to see you guys! So yeah, i passed my six month mark! woo! 1\4 done already! We bought a pizza and celebrated. Brazilain pizza is the best. So about transfers. My american companion got transfered and i now have a brazilian! He speaks no english, so its a challenge haha but my portuguese is gunna get so good i think. His name is Elder dos santos and hes from Natal, brazil, which is northern brazil. But yeah, things are going good here, and were teaching a lot! I gotta run now but i love ya!

Love, Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment