Saturday, March 19, 2011

March 7. 2011

Man that sounds amazing! I would love to be in hawaii right now but nothing can keep me from doing this great work! I love it here and the other night truely realized how much i love this work. It brings a lot of joy and is making me a better person. Things are looking up here and i'm going a lot better. I'm used to the area and through our hard work we've picked up some investigators! We're doing a lot more than the elders before were doing. Man, from what i hear and see they were lazy and rude! The members love us. With prayer, i've been progressing with the language again. I can read it easily now and am getting a lot of grammer rules down. Only if i could practice it with someone here! haha. We've been tracting a lot and i dont mind it that much anymore. Maybe its cuz of the weather getting warm! I'm so ready for spring! This winter was so brutal! East coast cold is so much worse than utah hahaha. It rained for like 36 hours yesterday and the day before, so i hope things get green. I woke up this morning and looked outside and there was snow! man it sucked! THe curitiba winter is starting, so if i get my visa soon i'll be there just in time to endure yet another winter in a row! haha that would suck, but i'd do anything to get my dang visa! I got an email from an elder thats a month ahead of me on the mission, and he's still waiting for his visa. He entered in like early september. I hope brazil just lets loose all the visas for us. In the mean time, there is plenty of work to be done here in Pottsville, penn. and i love it! I was tracting this past week and i ran into this latino lady and you could tell she didnt wanna be bothered with missionaries, so she looked at me and said she doesnt know english, and started speaking spanish to me. Little does she know, that i can understand spanish good and speak some as well! I responded in spanish and introduced ourselves and she had the look on her face like, "crap, now what" hahahah. She accepted a book of mormon card. I owned her! Something about this area is that the branch is realiable on the missionaries for a lot of the duties, like piano, blessing the sac, passing the sac, teaching sunday school, and we also teach a scripture study class on thursday nights. Its pretty cool. Something also about pottsville is that the women have mustaches and beards and its so gross! haha. People absolutly dont take care of themselves and about 95% of the people here smoke and own about 20 cats haha. I've found that its rare to see people with many teeth and those that do have teeth are all decayed and nasty. Obesity is huge here too. Man, health is just overrated these days I guess. When we tract, its so hard to get our message accrossed when there are stubborn catholics and baptists who dont wanna listen, or they just wanna bible bash with us. Tracting is interesting, because you get to see all kinds of people and it gets you over the fear of talking to everyone fast. I'm not afraid of that anymore and i actually enjoy it. I'm bold with the message and it seems to work. I'm getting good at contancting! Things are good here and i'm happy to be here. I dont think about my visa too much. I know its all in the Lords time. Well, not much else to say, keep up soaking up the sun and fly home safe! I love you!

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment